Vienna Little League
Manager and Coach Code of Conduct
As a manager or coach of a Vienna Little League (VLL) team, I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for each child participating in VLL by following this Code of Conduct:
1) I will never use profanity or be crude in front of players or parents.
2) I will never verbally or physically abuse any player or official.
3) I will maintain open lines of communication with my player’s parents.
4) I understand that managers and coaches are responsible for controlling the action of their players and parents so they do not verbally or physically abuse other players, parents, or officials.
5) I understand that managers and coaches must provide an environment free of tobacco, alcohol, drugs and weapons of any kind.
6) I will endeavor to place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of my desire to win.
7) I understand that managers and coaches shall not, in the performance of their duties, by words or conduct manifest prejudice or bias based upon race, sex, religion, age, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.
8) I will never knowingly permit an ineligible player to be on my team or withhold information regarding the eligibility of players on my team.
9) I will endeavor to be knowledgeable of the rules of the game, particularly rules directed to safety-related matters.
10) I will endeavor to be knowledgeable of proper coaching techniques, and will strive to stay current as to methods of teaching the skills of the game.
11) I will endeavor to be reasonable in my demands on a young player’s time, energy, enthusiasm, and performance on the field.
12) I will endeavor to set a good example and be generous with my praise when it is deserved.
13) I will follow the advice of a physician when determining when an injured child is ready to play again.
14) I will actively promote honesty and forthrightness among athletes, I shall exhibit the highest standard of such behavior in myself, and I will not tolerate dishonest acts or statement.
15) I will ensure that a manager or coach is present to supervise, or see to it that another adult is present to supervise, the players at all times.